Sunday, June 19, 2011

19.6.11 DNA Earrings by Gwen Fisher



How can you see such a beautiful design, so clearly explained, for free, and not try it?
How to bead weave DNA double helix is another genius pearl from Gwen Fisher...
Thanks so much Gwen!!! and the Doceri software makes it so clear!
I am anxious to see Gwen's DNA replication spiral necklace when she manages getting to it.
See also her posts on:

In the pair beadwoven above, there are 9 ladder bugles. Honestly, I don't know what it encodes, but the pair is symmetric.

4 comments:

Gwenbeads said...

Wow, I love the colors, so soft and snowy. They look nice and cool on a hot summer day like today.

I checked out your video link on DNA reproduction, and it's much more complicated than I had envisioned. I am also anxious to see that necklace, but unfortunately, not anxious to sit and weave the whole piece. Someday. I'm not sure that mine will include all of the extra enzymes and other machinery that nature uses. I was thinking of something much simpler! You've given me much to consider.

(You have a typo: The software is called Doceri.) Thank you so much for this wonderful blog post! You're a doll!

judith27k said...

Thanks Gwen!!! Typo corrected. As for all the enzymes, this is really complicating things, maybe too much. So typical to me. Still, what you envisioned sounds great. I have the same problem, not anxious enough to sit and beadweave long projects, finding myself with tones of unfinished projects... but who knows, maybe one day there will be the right motivation and mood to realize that.

moonsafari said...

Dear Judith, thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, I'm still blushing! You are very kind and I'm really honored! I've been a follower of your blog for some time and I love your work too! :)
Agi

Cristina said...

Son muy originales!!!