Saturday, February 16, 2008

16.2.08 A Flower spiral with a cabochon pendant





This project was a great therapy for this week in which I got a nasty virus.
The virus is gone and the spiral is completed!
This beautiful flower spiral was developed by Naki, a talented women in our bead commune.
This week, I did my first cabochon with a Medium vitrail (Green AB) Rivoli and delicas.
The result was so nice and the ring I made from it was almost completed. I only had to hide the threads.
I was so enthusiastic I succeeded making a cabochon after unpicking only once, I tried to made another one with a simple purple "nuggets" glass and Japanese 11 seed beads.
It came up quiet nice too.
I went to sleep and in the morning I came back to my new Rivoli cabochon, almost completed.
I then discovered huge holes in the sides!!!! Delicas were broken and the cabochon was ruined :(
I was so disappointed and couldn't understand how could that possibly had happened?!
Aposteriori, I discovered it was mistakenly smashed against the table and got bad hits.
My tiny hope was in that nuggets cabochon. I thought it may serve as a pendant, so I looked for a suiting necklace.
It didn't take long before the spiral flower popped up and then the therapy began. Monotonic but therapeutic, this is the way spirals are.
A new challenge arrived when I had to connect the cabochon to the spiral and a simple peyote strip didn't do the job. Finally, a double peyote strip connected to a triangular shape seemed to fit well and I find the result quiet satisfying.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!השרשרת מדהימה
!!תתחדשי
.והקבושון ממש מוסיף
,תהיי בריאה
.איריס.

Smadar's Treasure said...

The necklace is stunning! the colors you used are wonderful, and it sits very pretty on you neck. Well done!

Smadar :)

Unknown said...

I join to Smadar, this necklace is marvellous, with beautiful colours and unobjectionable work! Congratulate!:)

Bénédicte said...

Il est magnifique !!!! et ta spirale, quel travail impressionnant !
Une vraie petite merveille de finesse, bravo !

Grosses bises.

Dóra said...

This necklace is wonderful and the spiral is very-very unique!
Great job! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Witam!Pomysłowe.. ;)

judith27k said...

Thank you dora and facetmorski!
I wish I knew polish ;)

Judith

Frany said...

Vraiment superbe !!!!! je suis sous le charme et les couleurs sont MAGNIFIQUES !!!!

Anonymous said...

Superbe association de couleurs! J'aime beaucoup ton collier! Le tour de cou est magnifique! Bises

Try-to-be-better said...

This is so beautyfull.... I really like what you do with these little beads.... It' really an honour, that you put a link of my blog on your site! Thanks.....

Fofinha said...

Yes its so wunderful - i live it

Anonymous said...

I like the color combination - very interesting!

Jonna said...

Hey, very nice necklace,
I have read ( http://amigoperlen.blogspot.com/2008/10/kette-nach-judith-aus-israel.html ) that you have writen down this variation. Can you tell me, where I can find it?

judith27k said...

Jonna, you can send me an email to judith27k (a) gmail.com

Arte com Brilhos said...

Hi Judith,
I love this lovely Flower spiral, very much.
How can I get the pattern?
Thanks a lot.
Susana

Rosalba said...

questa spirale è veramente meravigliosa:
Posso chiedere per favore dove posso trovare un tutorial????

Grazie!!!

Rosalba

Zuly Marquez said...

hola podria compartir conmigo en tutorial del espiral flower te agradeceria zulyyandira@gmail.com

Susana Moreno said...

Hello judith27k:
I love your bracelet, is wonderful.
Can you tell me, where I can find it?